Chowmahalla Palace(Chow means four and Mahalla means palaces).Built in several phases by the Nizams, this is now one of the heritage buildings. It was built between years 1857-1869. Extending from Laad bazaar on the north to the Aspan Chowk road on the south, the palace originally covers 45 acres but regrettably only 12 acres remain. The Complex comprises four palaces in Moghal and European styles, of which the main palace is double storeyed, with the others being single-storeyed blocks
Southern Courtyard :
The oldest part of the complex comprises of four palaces afzal mahal, Mehtab Mahal,Tahniyat Mahal,Aftab Mahal. Of these Aftab Mahal is the grandest of them all and is a two storied building with European façade of corinthan columns and a paraphet without pediment.
Northern Coutyard :
The northern courtyard , the highlight of this area are the bara Imam-a long corrider of rooms on the east side that once housed the administrative wing. And the shishe-alat or quite literally, the shishe or mirror image which was once usedas guest rooms for officials accompanying visitors dignitaries.
clock tower :
clock toweris another impressive construction. Ithouses what is affectionately called Khilwat Clock which has been ticking away ever since the palace was built.
Council Hall :
which housed a rare collection of manuscripts and priceless books where nizam met the officers.
Roshan Bangla :
Named after the Nizam Mother is another courtyard.
Darbar Hall :
This grand pillard hall has a pure marbled platform on which the Takhte-e-nishan or the royal seal was laid Chowmahalla, which in its heydays has 7000 attendants, has been compared to the’ Enchanted Gardens Of The Arabian Nights.’